Before my progress review I was looking at the movements of objects in a space. I covered marbles in paint and then rolled them over paper. The marbles hit off each other, and I dropped some on the paper from a height to get different marks. The lines of paint show the movements made by the marbles in an unrestricted space.
I repeated this technique, on a bigger scale (3xA2 pages) and with a black background. I mixed colours based on the colours of the lights in my photographs.
I wanted to see how the lines created by the movement of the marbles would be affected if they were moving in a restricted space. I put the paper and marbles into a box and moved the box itself to make the marbles move across the page instead of rolling them. They bounced off of the sides of the box and hit each other a lot more, creating an image which I found to be a lot more interesting

The paint I used for this one was thicker, so the marbles didn't move across the page as quickly as they did with the blue paint, causing the thicker line.
I wanted to see how other objects make marks using the same technique. This time I used thumbtacks dipped in different colour paint. Again I placed them on a sheet of paper in a box and shook it. The thumbtacks left thin circular outlines of paint where they had spun around on their sides, tiny dots of paint where the point of the thumbtack hit the paper and splashes of paint too.












No comments:
Post a Comment