This is work I did before my progress review. I was looking at movement in a space, mainly my own movements and the movements of other objects.
I wanted to show the trace left behind from my own movements, so I walked over this page wearing my football boots. I like the different markings and shadows it made on the paper. The imprints are of different depths and some tore the page. They are all raised up on the other side of the paper too.
I repeated this using corrugated cardboard. It wasn't as effective but it did leave an imprint.
These are rubbings I took of the corrugated cardboard using a soft pastel.
I made salt dough and stood on it wearing rugby boots. This made a deeper imprint. It reminds me of what a pitch looks like after it's been played on, showing all the movements made on it. I then baked the dough and painted it white.






No comments:
Post a Comment