Dan Flavin

My project's is mainly based on light and colour.  Dan Flavin is a sculptor who worked mainly with coloured fluorescent light tubes in open spaces.  His sculptures are quite simple and straightforward, but emit a strong light which fills the space around it with colour.  

He restricted himself to working with commerically available fluorescent tubes, and to a limited colour palette.  He used fluorescent tubes to explore light, colour and space.  He placed different coloured tubes in a certain way so that the colours of the light emitted would mix together.










I find Dan Flavin's work really interesting.  I like how the structures are simple yet they have a strong effect on the space they're in.  The glowing lights contrast with the dark space they are placed in.  I like the colours of the lights too, he used strong, vivid colours.  












1 comment:

  1. Hello dan, I loved this pics! I woudl like to buy some of your photos to print in resolution 300 dpi? Is it possible?

    ReplyDelete