I cut up glow sticks in a dark room and used the liquid in them to make marks on white paper. This was really fun to do, everything about the process is so different to normal paint or ink. The liquid glows so bright. It was difficult to control the marks, because when you cut the glow sticks the liquid inside sprays everywhere so you get splashes and dots for marks. The effect only lasted a few hours though. The liquid soaked into the page overnight and dried almost clear so the marks were only visible for a few hours after I did this.
I wanted to find new ways of making light drawings. I tried out using a flashing light stick which I thought worked really well. These are just photos I took to try it out, I want to make more light drawings using this and a bigger glow stick I bought.
A while ago I scored lines through left-over pieces of my photos with a blade. They rolled up into cylinders like this. Yesterday I placed one over LED lights, which lit up the inside and shone through the scored lines. I really like how this turned out.
This is a photo of another one, looking in from the top.











No comments:
Post a Comment