Light Drawings: Making the Plaster Cast

I wanted to make a 3D version of my light drawings.  I decided to make a plaster cast based on one of the cropped photos.  I filled an A2 sized wooden frame with clay, which took a few days to finish.  It took longer than it should normally because the clay dried out and I spent a long time fixing it up again.

This is the image I used

I printed out an A3 size version of the photo and placed acetate over it.  I drew the shape of the light drawing over the acetate with a hot glue gun, then took the glue shape off the acetate when it was cool.
I pressed this into the clay, leaving the imprint and then cut out the imprinted lines with clay cutting tools.  I made the plaster cast with this.





Finished plaster cast



No comments:

Post a Comment