Animation: Taking the Photos

I took the photos for my animation on Wednesday.  I set everything up under the fluorescent lights in the other room in the studio.  The lights worked really well with my set, which was good because when I'd set it up in the studio in natural light it was too dark and shadowed.  

I didn't stick completely to my storyboard as I had to change a few things in the storyline.  There's a shot of the biggest monster blinking in through the window and it squashes the main character with its hand instead of standing on it.  I changed a few other things in the storyline too, but the main story and ending is the same.

The only thing bad about using the lights was that it was harder to move my characters around with the light stands in the way.  I knocked some things over in my set which made the animation a bit jumpy at the start, but I tried to fix everything back the way it was.  I like how the photos turned out.  The animation probably won't be as smooth as it should be but the photos came out really clear.  



The set, after I took all the photos


No comments:

Post a Comment