Animation: Week One

On Tuesday I started the final design for my set.  I had already sketched some ideas of how I wanted it to look but hadn't decided on the dimensions.  I started measuring out the walls and where the door and window would be.  I decided to make it in proportion to the miniature furniture I had at home so that I could use them as props in my animation.  

I looked up backgrounds from the Tom and Jerry cartoons for ideas as to how to style the set.  I liked the colour themes and the style of the rooms so I kept these in mind when I was deciding on the colours for my set.  I found a website that had free downloads of dollhouse wallpaper and floors so I printed out a pink striped wallpaper for the walls and a light coloured wooden pattern for the floor.  I made the skirting boards and window frame from strips of paper and I cut a square of purple fabric for the rug.

I drew different kinds of monsters too.  I wanted them to be really bright and colourful.  I started making the monsters on Wednesday.  I used plastecine, polystyrene balls and wire to make them.  I had neon coloured plastecine too which I thought worked really well.

I cut the walls of the set out of mounting board.  I glued on the wallpaper and then taped the walls together so that they could still move on a hinge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment